2012 Warrior Rules
-Drivers will receive UMP Sport Compact points.
RaceCeivers are required to compete at Thunderbird Raceway!
NOTE: This is a stock unaltered car division. If you want to modify the car – move to another division.
For this class to remain affordable and competitive we have a claim rule.
1. Claim will be eligible starting the 1st points night.
2. Only Winner Can Be Claimed.
3. Only drivers with competive cars finishing in the top 12 of the lead lap will be premitted to claim.
4. Claim will be car exchange + $300 to the driver getting claimed.
5. If using a racing seat and racing belt harness then drivers will be allowed to keep seat and belts. Stock seats will go with the car.
6. To claim eligible cars must proceed to infield immediately after the conclusion of feature race. If eligible car goes into pit area then they forfeit their claim eligibility for the night.
7. Refusal of claim:
1st Offense- Loss of win, all money, and all points earned for the night.
2nd Offense- Barred from competing in Warrior class for remainder season.
8. Race track must approve all claims.
9. Track reserves the right to claim any car for $700 cash.
1. Mandatory- Approved Snell-rated SA2000 or SA2005 racing helmet, full fire suit, neck brace, full race type window net and racing gloves.
2. Roll-cage – 4 Point Cage REQUIRED – Minimum 1.5″ O.D. tubing min. Wall thickness (095). Loop behind driver. Two horizontal bars min. on passenger side. Two drivers door bars min. 18″ x 24″ x 1/8″ plate in drivers door. 1″ x 1″ square tube ok for rub rails. Ends must be angled and capped. Roll cage must be above driver’s head. No bars through firewall. Roll cage is for driver’s protection only. No kicker bars.
3. Fire extinguisher (with gauge) in reach of driver, mounted for easy removal. Duck tape or zip ties not approved.
4. Fuel cell. In front of rear axle. Highly recommended! If original tank is factory located completely in front of rear axle it can remain in this position. Stock tanks must be removed if behind rear axle. Extra straps on a stock tank recommended. If you are using the original tank with electric pump in tank (external fuel pumps not allowed). It must have a clearly marked shut –off in reach of the driver. Skid plate under gas tank highly recommended.
5. Stock firewall between engine and driver and driver fuel tank. Just covering tank is not allowed. Wrecker hooks, chains, or cable mandatory!
6. Protective screen or windshield, with three bars.
7. Mandatory – Racing seat belts. 3’’ 5 point harness with crotch strap. Must be securely fastened to cage. – Belts should not be older than 3 years!
1. Any front wheel drive 4 cylinder vehicle as supplied by an American manufacturer or foreign vehicle sold in the USA. No sports cars. Maximum wheelbase is STOCK to year and make only. No vans or pickups. No turbos or rotary engines. Front wheel drive cars only! * Honda 1.6 single cam engines will be allowed. Any other vehicles with V-Tec/Cam enhancement technology will NOT be allowed in the Warrior class and will be asked to move up to the 4 cylinder class.
2. All glass, headlamps, tail lamps, and sidelights must be removed. All interior carpets, headliners and extra seats must be removed. Steering column may be moved to side. Racing shaft and steering wheel ok.
3. Grilles may be removed and replaced with sheet metal between hood and bumper. Gravel shields and radiator supports may be removed.
4. No outboard shocks or tower shocks. (Stock suspension for make, year and body style of car). Springs may be heated. Lowering blocks ok. Stock shocks only. No overloading shocks or adjustable shocks.
5. Manufactured bumpers only. A round bar behind rear bumper only. Max 2’’. No fabricated bumpers. No bars above, below front or rear bumper. No box, channel or angle iron behind bumpers.
6. Doors and trunk must be welded, wired, chained or banded shut. No double plating, reinforcing, excessive welding or added braces to frame.
7. D.O.T. approved street tires with 8’’ maximum tread. Grooving is allowed. Tires must be the same size per axle , No stagger.
8. Wheels optional. 13’’ or 14’’ rims may not be mixed for stagger. Maximum 7’’ steel wheels. Race wheels highly recommended. Race wheels may become mandatory if too many wheels come off. Large racing nuts required on all 4 wheels.
9. All interior sheet metal must stay stock. You may only make room for roll bars. Burnable material must be removed (carpet, door panels, headliner etc).
10. No alterations to frame or frame motor mounts. No removing of floor pan. Front clip must remain stock, if damaged beyond repair it must be replaced with stock clip.
11. All cars must be painted with numbers on both doors and both sides of roof with drivers name. Numbers must be a minimum of 16’’ high with contrasting colors.
12. No wings of any type. No cow catchers or spoilers.
13. Damaged sheet metal must be replaced with stock sheet metal including wheel housing, trunk, floors, etc when removed.
14. All cars must maintain a satisfactory appearance throughout the racing season. Please no crashed junk.
15. Suspension must remain stock and unaltered ( springs may be heated)
MOTORS AND TRANSMISSIONS
1. Maximum of 4 cylinders not to exceed 2500 cc. Make to make.
2. Stock exhaust or stock headers only. Exhaust must exit past drivers seat and must not point down. 100 Decibel maximum.
3. Stock intake. No modifications allowed.
4. Advance in distributor may be locked.
5. One stock 2- barrel carburetor only. No 4412 Carbs.
6. All parts must remain stock as supplied by manufacturer.
7. No interchanging parts from 6 or 8 cylinders to 4 cylinders.
8. No interchanging parts of one manufacturer to another.
9. Stick or automatic allowed for make of car only.
10. Stock flywheel as supplied by manufacturer only.
11. MADATORY – Tow hooks front and rear.
12. 1 battery per car, in approved steel box. Cannot be in drivers compartment.
NOTE: Be ready to race both directions on the track. You may be told to go to turn #3 to go on the track and race clockwise. You may also start racing in one direction and turn around to finish that race in the other direction.
-NEITHER WRECKER CREWS NOR RACE TRACK WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO THE CAR.